Sunday 11 September 2011

Day 3 - 9 July 2011

Today was all driving. Peter took me down to Belfast to meet up with my team. He showed me where the Titanic was built and where they're building a memorial because next year will be 100 years since it sank. Then he showed me the Europa, the most bombed hotel in the world. After that, he showed me where the riots took place a couple of weeks ago and the bank where the biggest robbery in history took place. £26 million and they never caught the people who did it.

Peter also showed me the theatre where Liam Neeson got his start and told me that Liam's sister was one of his teachers in primary school. Apparently she was very mean haha. He also showed me Queen's University (where he and Joanne studied) and the statue of C.S. Lewis going into the wardrobe...that was really cool.

Then we met up with Chris and eventually the rest of the my team and Peter went back up north and I went down to Cork. The other people on the team were telling me how long of a journey it was for them...it was 6 hours long (including stops and wrong turns) Which to me is just going back to Wake Forest. But today I travelled the length of Ireland and I was only in the car for 8.5ish hours. I feel so accomplished =)

No comments:

Post a Comment